We had a great experience at SC13, showcasing our own knowledge of cloud computing and sharing stories with many other knowledgeable individuals.
The OCC/LAC participated in a number of successful 100Gbps demos with our partners at Starlight, NASA and NRL. We had well attended sessions on our PIRE program and UDT. And we’re very proud of one of our undergraduate researchers, Josh Miller, who was a finalist in the student poster contest. You can see his entry here, in our photo gallery of the event.
Onward to New Orleans!
If you’ll be attending the 2013 Supercomputing conference in Denver, come say “Hi!” The OCC and our team will be taking part in a number of talks and demos and we’ll have a booth on the exhibition floor (#828 – NW side of the exhibition hall). Stop by, learn a little more about what we do, and have some Belgian chocolates and gourmet coffee on us.
Here’s some of the activities we’ll be engaged in:
- Sunday 11/17
- Tuesday 11/19
- 10am-6pm – Exhibition Open
- 12:15-1:15pm Birds of a Feather – OSDC PIRE: Bob Grossman, Heidi Alvarez
- 5:15-7pm ACM SRC Poster Reception featuring LAC/CDIS team member, Josh Miller’s UDR/UDT poster
- Wednesday 12/20
- 10am-6pm Exhibition Open
- 10am-3pm Student Job Fair
- Thursday 12/21
- 10am-3pm Exhibition Open
- 10:45-11:00am Demonstrations of Computational Genomic Analytics at 100 Gbps Across a National Data-Intensive Computational Science Testbed at SC13: Joe Mambretti, Bob Grossman, Don Pruess
- 11:15-11:30am Demonstrations of 100 Gbps Services and Technologies Supporting HPC Clouds at SC13: Joe Mambretti, Robert Grossman, Rod Wilson, Marc Lyonnais, Jim Chen
- 11:30-11:45am Demonstrations of Data-Scope at 100 Gbps Across a National Data-Intensive Computational Science Testbed at SC13:
Joe Mambretti, Alex Szalay, Jan Vandenberg, Jack Wells, Jason Hill, Ryan Adamson, Daniel Pelfrey, Scott Kock, Eli Dart, Tom Lehman, Robert Grossman
- 12:15-1:15pm The UDT Forum: A Community for UDT Developers and Users: Allison Heath, Robert Grossman
Posted in Uncategorized
Tagged CDIS, LAC, NIH, NLR, NRL, OCC, OSDC, sc13, Starlight, super computing, UDR, UDT
We’re proud to announce that The University of the West Indies is now a member of the Open Cloud Consortium!
As a member, the University of the West Indies will
have access to the Open Science Data Cloud (OSDC), other OCC resources, and will be an active participant in the OSDC PIRE program.
Learn more about how your organization can become a member of the OCC here.